Friday, December 28, 2007

Im not a drunk.


I suppose it makes sense that the of December pretty much came out of nowhere. 
Time seems to go by way faster when you're intoxicated. 
So fast it actually IS a blur. 
I've been drunk since August. 
There are a few ways to deal with heartache, heartbreak. 
I prefer to self-medicate. 
I must admit, I thought deeply about slowing down the debauchery. 
It will be a new year, after all. 
Something's kind of fucking with me a little now though. 
I finally landed a job after being unemployed for the last 5 months, and I thought 
'time to get my life together'. 
but what was i thinking? 
i knew the only job i was willing to do was working behind a bar. 
so i'm bartending again, and i'm thrilled really. 
my friend (and boss) tells me on my first shift that 
everybody who works behind that bar is a 'pro drinker' , 
and i tell him 'ill fit right in'. 
he then proceeds to tell me that i'm pretty much obligated
to drink copious amounts of alcohol whilst working
he wants me to work drunk. 
im okay with that. 
but it doesn't look like the debauchery is slowing down any time soon. 

happy festivus.


looks like 2008 is going to be one big hangover. 



No comments: