Thursday, December 27, 2007

the only thing i'm 'too' - is tired.


somebody told me the other day that i had more hope than 
most 'girls' do. id rather be addressed as a 'person' than as a girl,
but i suppose i am a girl (not yet a woman...) and i guess im going to 
have to deal with everything that goes along with that; double standards, pms, 
impossible orgasms, so on and so forth. anyways, back to my point. this person 
told me i had more hope than others. hope when it comes to love. 
he said 'had' - that's past tense. im still in the process of figuring out whether or not 
that hope is a present time possibility. and so he told me this and how i responded really
quite resonated with me. i had something close to an epiphany. a realization? 
maybe. 
now i'm a young lady. some may even say i'm too young to know. 
ill tell you right now im not 'too' anything for anything. 
but i realized; relationships end. i think thats going to be my mantra from now on. 
relationships end. 
relationships end. 
relationships end. 
depressed yet? good. join my misery. 
where were we? 
oh yeah. hope. 
so my last relationship just ended. but i held on for a long time throughout the 'end'.
longer than most would. and that was a product of this hope that i had(?). 
and i told him. i held on for so long because i've gone through 3 heart wrenching endings, 
and i would have rather held on to something than have ANOTHER one end. 
how many times does something have to end before it can ACTUALLY begin? 
at this point, im not in the mood to find out. 

No comments: