Wednesday, January 9, 2008

push/\pull


if only you could be back here. 
just
be
here
then it would be the same as it was before. 
it would
go.
back.
to the same as it was before. 
the same as i thought it was. 
the same as i believed it was. 
believed 
it 
was
it was. 
it was. 
it really
really 
was. 
i paint my nails 
i think of you
i cut my bangs
i think of you
you. 
you. 
YOU are the one who pushed. 
you pushed. 
and i pulled
and you pushed. 
and i pulled
and you PUSHED
until there was 
nothing
left 
for me 
to pull. 
so i pushed. 
and you pulled. 
and i pushed
and you pulled 
until 
couldn't 
push 
anymore
or 
      at all
i cry. 
i dont know where the tears come from anymore. 
i cant explain them. 
but i can taste them. 
salty
and 
full 
of 
woe. 
why cant you just come back here?
you say you want to do this. 
so. 
SO. 
do this. 
do it
DO it. 
i cant pretend to live with you
when i 
                live without you
i cant bear to live without you 
and pretend
                to live with you. 
come 
or 
go
stay 
or 
leave
but
the spaces in between those words do not exist. 
i cannot exist in between spaces. 
or 
ill
suffocate. 
i need to breathe. 
either give me the air i need 
or let me find it on my own. 
but 
dont choke me
because my throat is sore. 

No comments: